Surfers appreciate the swells at Makaha Beach Park, which can reach 30 feet in the winter. This wide, flat stretch of beach has a lifeguard stand and restroom facilities. It is bounded at one end by a condo complex, though the complex does not encroach on the sand. The beach is best known for its big waves and it plays host to the annual Buffalo's Big Board Surf Classic. Surfers generally catch waves on the right side of the beach. In the winter, swimming can be treacherous, as there are riptides, but in summer, the water is generally calm and the best swimming is at the center of the beach. This beach has no food vendors, so be sure to pack your own snacks and drinks.
· ALL INDIVIDUALS THAT WILL BE ON THE PROPERTY MUST BE REGISTERED. Guest(s) certify that only the individuals listed on the Registration will occupy the house. Any unregistered individuals will be considered unauthorized, and additional fees of $100 per person per day may be charged. Guest may be subject to immediate cancellation and forfeiture of all rents received at the Agent’s discretion.
· IF IT IS BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT THERE ARE UNREGISTERED GUESTS AND/OR AN EVENT ON THE PREMISES AND/OR ANY VIOLATION OF OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AGENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENTER THE PROPERTY TO REVIEW THE SITUATION AND IMPOSE FINES AND FEES, IF NECESSARY.
· Some homes have a live-in caretaker on the premises-Guests acknowledge and accept this.
· Guest(s) agree to take the property as-is and sight unseen. Guests are responsible to learn of the location and area of the rental home. Hawaii Beach Travel, is not responsible for relocating guests once possession of the rental is taken.
· Owner(s) reserve the right to cancel or rescind any rental agreement if it is found that the guests are conducting unlawful activities.
· There will be NO PARTIES, WEDDINGS OR OTHER EVENTS without the written consent of the owners. Guest(s) acknowledge UNAUTHORIZED EVENTS WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT OF THE DEPOSIT OR $1,500, or the forfeiture of the entire security deposit.
· Guest(s) shall incur $100 charge for each instance of lost keys and/or garage/gate door openers.
· Neighborhood Noise Restrictions- You will be in a quiet residential neighborhood please KEEP NOISE TO A MINIMUM AT ALL TIMES and in particular between 9 pm and 8 am.
· Please be extra courteous to your neighbors. Remember: You are on vacation, but your neighbors live here and are going to work in the morning.
· Rates do not include daily maid service, gratuities, car rental, food, liquor, laundry, personal items or excessive cleaning upon departure (ie: upholstery or rug shampooing, etc.).
· No landlord-tenant relationship shall be created hereby.
· Guest(s) shall be liable for all acts of the family, invitees, guests, employees or other persons present on the property. Should there be any legal action arising from/relating to occupant(s) use of residence, Owner shall be entitled to recovery of all legal fees and costs.
· Owner(s) will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or services, except as noted in Cancellation Policy.
· Owner(s) will in no way be responsible or liable for personal property lost due to theft, flood, fire, unforeseen circumstances or natural disasters.
· Owner(s) or its agents may enter the property at reasonable times to make repairs, show or inspect the property. A 24 hour notice will be given.
· Misrepresentation about the nature or size of the group, use of the property or any other misrepresentation, are in breach of the rental agreement.
· Owner(s) reserve right to switch Guest(s) to another rental, based on availability, or offer refund due to an emergency, fire, sale, unforeseen circumstance or natural disaster.
· ANY additional cleaning charges, damage, or theft of property will be deducted from the security deposit and may, if necessary, be charged to occupants as an additional expense if the deposit or waiver is not sufficient.
· There will be NO EARLY OR LATE CHECK-OUTS without prior approval.
· There will be NO EXCESS GARBAGE left upon check-out. For trash pick up days, please check the information book located at the home. Please put garbage out the night before, or before 6 am on these days. Hawaii does not have curbside recycling. All trash must be bagged. Make sure the large gray garbage can is placed outside the gates and on the street. This is essential in order to keep tropical pests away from the home. Failure to remove your trash from the property before your departure will result in appropriate deductions from your security deposit, or additional charges if exceeding security deposit waiver coverage.
· There will be NO PETS in the home or on the property at any time.
· There will be NO SMOKING in the home.
· There will be NO CATERING OR OUTSIDE MUSIC PERMITTED without the prior written consent of the owners.
· There will be NO FIRES on the beach.
· MAXIMUM number of vehicles allowed on or in front of property: TWO
· There will be NO SUBLETTING or ASSIGNING to other parties.
· THE ENTIRE DEPOSIT SHALL BE FORFEITED IF GUEST(S) VIOLATE ANY OF THESE TERMS AND WILL BE LIABLE FOR ADDITIONAL DAMAGES IF THE AMOUNT EXCEEDS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT.
· All Guests are responsible for adhering to the preceding Terms and Conditions.
The most remote section of the island. A surfing mecca in the winter; miles of sandy beaches offering good summer swimming.
Several residential communities and many beaches line the west coast, although less frequented by tourists with a small selection of rentals. The southwest features a couple large vacation resorts.
The tourist epicenter of Hawaii with excellent shopping and dining, great weather and nice but busy beaches.
Dramatic mountain ridges, excellent beaches, and a large selection of vacation homes.